Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"It's a Monkey!, Happy Birthday, Hall Bath...DONE!"

Well, it is safe to say that this past month has been eventful. We celebrated Nathaniel's 2nd birthday, found out we are having a BOY, and accomplished one of the LAST renovating house projects we have. I get exhausted saying all that...but I must also say that all of those things have been such blessings. Nathe and Rick (his Dad) did all renovations to our hall bath...let me say that it used to have pepto bismol pink tile, tub, sink, toilet...the only thing that was not this blessed color were the walls and those were navy blue with pink flowers. Everything was replaced. I literally had a rush of all 80's sitcom songs rush into my brain and out of my mouth everytime I was in that place. We are now enjoying our new hall bath...with out the background music...well, now a choir of angels descends and sings the most glorious song I have ever heard. Monday we found out the sex or really the species of our baby...it was a monkey according to Nathaniel...that is what he yelled in the ultrasound room...it was amusing to say the least. He gets funnier and funnier everyday. Newborns really aren't the cutest so we might be able to tell him that it is a monkey for the first few weeks. On his actual birthday we woke him up to a doughnut with 2 candles...the house almost burned down because Nathe thought it would be hilarious to get him the ones that do not blow out. We celebrated all day. It was a Sunday. The nursery workers, church members were so sweet to laugh and congratulate him everytime he yelled, "Happy Birthday to You!" It was a great day. We had an official party a week later...it was also very fun.

















3 comments:

  1. LOVE the bathroom and the party pics!! Did you do the cake? It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen in those little shoes, shorts, and orange polo. I just want to eat him up! The bathroom is gorgeous---and you are positively RADIANT! I love the trains hanging from the chandelier--you are so creative!!! Thanks for the update--love all the pics. xoxoxoxo Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much to say...
    1. i LOVE nathaniels outfit that he wore on his b day. he's such a little stud muffin
    2. the bathroom looks fabulous! i love the brown and white, light fixtures, mirror, ect
    3. you look SO CUTE! i could just eat you up, kee kee buttons! the purple and green dress is adorable on you!
    love you bunches!
    caroline

    ReplyDelete