We are officially enjoying summer! We just got back from Pickwick. Nathaniel was absolutley hilarious to watch. The child is fearless. He loved the lake. He, of course, loved 4-wheelin. I think his idea of a perfect day would consist of riding a 4-wheeler, meeting Thomas the Train, and eating cucumbers and tomatoes all day long. We have been blessed by the fact that he loves loves healthy food...really prefers it over stuff like chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers.
I am definitely enjoying the summer. We decided that I would not teach part-time next year. Two months after we decided that, I found out I was pregnant at my doctor's office, a month after that Nathe received a promotion. We have, once again, experienced the fullness of God's goodness and faithfulness. Life is truly good right now. My cup overfloweth. We are thrilled about our second child due Thanksgiving. I am a bit in denial. Although it is getting harder to stay in that frame of mind as my stomach is growing and growing. I am so busy chasing Nathaniel around that I honestly forget. The other day I actually said, "boo boo, guess what? mamma has a baby in her belly and you are gonna be a big brother." He responded, in his usual response, "ok, mamma." I am not going to lie. Myself and the newborn weeks are not bff. Most of you know that. I'm very vocal about how miserable those first 6 weeks are simply because no one talks about it. So, I take it upon myself to instill sheer fear and panic in new mothers...that's a bit dramatic, but I do believe in talking about struggles and surrounding yourself with people who will pray for you and hold you accountable to the truth...also tell you that running away from home is not the answer ;). However, one thought that brings me absolute joy is seeing Nathaniel interact with a baby. He is all boy, but has the most gentle spirit. He's so much like his Daddy. I would be blessed beyond measure to know that he would grow up to be just like his Father. He will at times act like me. He has told me to "shhhhhhh" before with his finger over his mouth while I am telling him not to do something...at those times I think, "there I am."
Well, I feel like that post was all over the place...I guess that is pretty consistent with our life right now.
New Era, New Blog
10 years ago

What a great post. We are so excited for y'all, and you will love having 2. After those awful first 6 weeks of course -- I would actually argue that it's longer. :)
ReplyDeleteI've updated our blog a couple of times too, thanks to your encouragement.
Katy
I loved reading this. God is truly blessing you and Nathe. Also, give yourself a little more credit---that baby has your passion, fiery spirit, and strength in the Lord. I can't wait to meet your new little one in the fall. I will be praying for a smooth pregnancy---and come on, you know you LOVE those first 6 weeks!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you--Carrie
Katy and Carrie, your comments made me smile. Thank you. Katy, you are right it is longer. Carrie, I miss you so much.
ReplyDeleteLove it. Love your updates. Love your humor. Love you. I just love it.....
ReplyDeleteMiss you sooo much.....