We are officially a family of four...five counting our k-9 child. We have welcomed sweet Palmer into our world and I am happy to report that I have not made any attempts to run away from home. Nathe and I have been pleasantly surprised at how simple having 2 has been. Now with that being said, I'm absolutely exhausted but the transition has been a very smooth one. Nathaniel has taken to his brother wonderfully. We are grateful for this! My labor with Palmer was QUICK! I went into labor at 1 am and labored at home for 2 hours...didn't want to be bed ridden at the hospital. We headed to hospital at 3 am and Palmer was here at 5 am. I was grateful for this as well because I really wanted to have him with no drugs. I must say that my recovery was worth every pain and push. I will definitely avoid drugs again bc I was up walking around and taking a shower in no time...Cassie, my sister, asked Nathe and I when I got pregnant if she could be in there with us and we let her. She was fabulous bc she stock piled her i-pod with all my favorite hymns/songs and that was AWESOME. At one point I remember a nurse singing along to "Come Thou Fount"...I was NOT singing, I'm pretty sure I was yelling, but none the less it was a very neat experience. Nathe was my rock. He was right by me the whole time...he's a great cheerleader...the only things he was missing were pom poms and a cute little uniform. Both my boys like to let their heart rates drop dramatically and this time I was even prepped for a c-section. Thank God my dr checked me one last time and let me push before they decided on a c-section. Really, even if I had had to have one, I wouldn't have cared that much but due to the fact I had no epidural, I would have had to be put under...that would have been a bummer. All in all, we are praising our Father for another sweet boy. I'm reminded every day of how blessed I am. We've been surrounded by our family and friends and showered with love, meals, and CANDY...I can't get enough...gestational diabetes really put a cramp in my style. I've got my stash of candy corn (thanks tiff!) by my nightly nursing spot...I TEAR into that! Palmer might turn orange. I will post pictures soon.
Congrats on the safe arrival of Palmer! Congrats on no drugs, too! Now the important stuff--candy corn! McKenzie! I didn't know you are a candy corn aficionado, too! I *love* the stuff! I'm down to three bags here in the condo in Destin. Fortunately it's time to go home to my stash, or I'd be getting nervous.
ReplyDeleteTake care of your boys (all three) and God bless!
yay!!glad you are enjoying your stash!! Missing you tons!! hugs and kisses to all of you!!!!!!!!!!! (especially palmer & nd!) :)
ReplyDeleteLove the update. And the candy corn stash.
ReplyDeletewill you make a new post already...geeez keke...:)
ReplyDelete